Friday, December 2, 2016

20150112-15 Lemont and Forest Railfanning

Views of the tracks from my driveway testing resolution, ISO 6400


Water dropping from out new gutters :-(




Resolution experiment with ISO 100 for comparison with above ISO 6400 photos


I-355 mile-long bridge and some industry shots from Keepataw Preserve














Lemont High-Bridge, tow on canal and man checking gauge on tight curve of Santa Fe from the parking garage














Another tow on the canal from the parking garage











Sanata Fe bridge over Stephan Street
MoW checking CN/GM&O crossing gate across Stephan Street
Photos as I head northbound across the high birdge
 (Facebook comment)





Forest Avenue crossing in Downers Grove, IL (used)

On my way home from the library, I spotted a headlight so I parked the car and took pictures. The trains just kept coming.

Eastbound grain-train at Forest: 4956, 6784; DPU 5402. Includes cross and swish logo BNSF cars.















DPU 5402


Hopefully these guys were trying to fix the false gate closing we would see after they installed the new PTC ready signalling equipment. Some Santa Fe and quite a few BN grain cars


Westbound mixed freight crossing from M2 to M1, 6761, 4831. I really, really should have crossed to the sunny side of the tracks where I would have had some room between me and the train and better light. You can see the gates are still up.













(Facebooked)



























































Three engines running light eastbound. 5229, 7174, 1887.





Westbound Amtrak: 89, 155, 6 superliners 3:25pm








Westbound commuter: 117

I didn't car about a commuter, so I headed home.

But then an east bound oil train came through. I went over to the commuter pickup to try to catch pictures of it. I got enough tank car pictures to determine they were the "half shield" design.






No comments:

Post a Comment