Thursday, November 24, 2016

20161111,22 Gilman Railfan: CN, Alco, TP&W, CN (corncrib)

Rail fanning is like fishing ---- many of the interesting ones get away from you. In the little CN/IC yard near Otto, IL next to I-57 we saw a modern looking caboose with fresh CN paint. It was parked on a track by itself. But, unfortunately, the camera was in its case so we missed getting a picture. So does CN have a shoving platform in the Kankakee area now? On my next trip south on I-57, I'll have the camera out of the case before I pass Kankakee.


(Facebooked: 1017)






(Facebooked, 1832)

(Facebooked)


(Facebooked: 3463)


(Facebooked: 1086)
(Facebooked: 1086)
(Facebooked: 1086)
see above


(Facebooked, 1301)






 (Facebooked)





(Facebooked)

(Facebooked, 1063)










(Facebooked, Facebooked)





After chasing that train, I went back to the Cargill Elevator to take some more pictures. These are from parking lots north of their property.



 While at the Cargill elevator, a northbound CN train arrives.

I take lots of pictures of the engines in the "window" between silos hoping that later I will be able to get the numbers on all of the engines.




 I took a couple of this critter hoping to get a good shot of it.


Taking more pictures of the northbound CN train before we leave the Cargill elevator.




Michelle grabbing pictures of cuts of cars at the Incobrasa plant as we head back to I-57.



 Trying for a picture of an elevator on the west side of a corn crib.

We caught up to the southbound CN train around milepost 267.






No comments:

Post a Comment