Monday, January 1, 2018

20171230 From Florida

My wife drove a stretch of our trip back from Florida so I was able to take some pictures from the passenger seat. I had a good view of the power plant, but by the time I got the camera out again, there were no more good views. So these pictures are more of a reminder to research it and try to figure out how to be ready for it the next time. Unfortunately, the reasons I have had for taking I-57 have gone away, so it will be interesting when there is a next time. I did remember to stop at Kinmundy to get my own pictures of the IC water tower.

Taking pictures of the two tied arches and alternating between upstream and downstream shots as I-24 crossed the Ohio River. Arch pictures added as an update to that posting.

Took some pictures early and often of the power plant and RR bridge that is downstream and the dam and truss bridge that is upstream.

 One advantage of the cold winter's day is that you can tell that one of the two units was running because of the vapor plume out of the smokestack.






I just saw a good view of a power plant to the east. I took a picture of this exist sign to note the location.
Unfortunately, that was the only good view. But now I know that the camera needs to be ready when I-24 terminates on I-57 and we need to be looking to the east to find that decent view of the power plant.

In this photo you can at least tell that the vapor plume in the center of the photo behind the trees is whiter than any of the clouds. This, of course, would be completely hidden when the trees have leaves.

 I added some of these to the BN bridge posting.




I used these to update my posting of the Kinmundy IC water tower.




No comments:

Post a Comment